Here's pics of my finger that is healing after being smashed in May of this year. It's an ongoing blog saga. Look at the end of this post for previous posts so you can track the recovery.
The coolest thing about the healing of the nail is that there appears to be almost 2 nails. The "lower" part (toward finger) looks pretty normal. The "upper" part (toward the tip) looks fairly nasty still. I may trim that upper part soon. BTW, there is no pain associated with it anymore. That's very cool.
Here's all the posts documenting the smashed finger saga (in reverse order):
- finger and fingernail fully recovered!!!...1 year and 4 months later....
- fingernail recovering...5.5 month update....
- fingernail recovering...4 month update....
- fingernail recovering...3rd month update....
- fingernail starting to grow back - about 2.5 months after the smashing.
- fingernail coming off - about 2 months after the smashing.
- update 1.5 months.
- update 2.5 weeks.
- stabbed the finger to release the pressure.
- smashed a finger.
Anyone with a story of a smashed finger, I'll be happy to post it. Just drop an email or feel free to comment on this post or any of the others.
Here's one from a reader named Gordon:
And in the meantime, feel free to distract yourself with some delightful music from my band, Soul Amp: