Monday, May 07, 2007

Smashed a finger...Photo of a smashed finger and fingernail on a Nord Electro 2 keyboard... Will the smashed fingernail ruin the gig?


Over the weekend I got my finger slammed in a car door. My girlfriend I were looking at Toyato highlanders and I had closed the front door and my hand was on the edge of the door. The sales guy then closed the rear door and somehow my pinky got caught. It's blackened, swollen, and painful. I tried playing last night with 4 fingers and it seemed to work all right. I'll keep practicing with 4 fingers and I've been soaking it in ice and hot water with Epson salt. I've also been taking ibuprofen to cut down on inflammation. I hope I can use it on Fri, but if not I can do the 4 finger thing. So here's a pic of it from this morning (it looked worse on Saturday, so that's a good thing that it's improving... sorry I didn't get a pic of it on Saturday for all you ghouls out there...)


m1 smashed pinky on Nord electro 2 - soul amp

click on the pic for a bigger version... if you are so inclined...

Here's all the posts documenting the smashed finger saga (in reverse order):

Anyone with a story of a smashed finger, I'll be happy to post it. Just drop an email or feel free to comment on this post or any of the others.

Here's one from a reader named Gordon:
http://soul-amp.blogspot.com/2008/11/photos-of-finger-that-was-sliced-by.html

And in the meantime, feel free to distract yourself with some delightful music from my band, Soul Amp:

http://www.soul-amp.com/Top_Ten_Songs.html

No comments: