Over the weekend I got my finger slammed in a car door. My girlfriend I were looking at Toyato highlanders and I had closed the front door and my hand was on the edge of the door. The sales guy then closed the rear door and somehow my pinky got caught. It's blackened, swollen, and painful. I tried playing last night with 4 fingers and it seemed to work all right. I'll keep practicing with 4 fingers and I've been soaking it in ice and hot water with Epson salt. I've also been taking ibuprofen to cut down on inflammation. I hope I can use it on Fri, but if not I can do the 4 finger thing. So here's a pic of it from this morning (it looked worse on Saturday, so that's a good thing that it's improving... sorry I didn't get a pic of it on Saturday for all you ghouls out there...)
click on the pic for a bigger version... if you are so inclined...
Here's all the posts documenting the smashed finger saga (in reverse order):
- finger and fingernail fully recovered!!!...1 year and 4 months later....
- fingernail recovering...5.5 month update....
- fingernail recovering...4 month update....
- fingernail recovering...3rd month update....
- fingernail starting to grow back - about 2.5 months after the smashing.
- fingernail coming off - about 2 months after the smashing.
- update 1.5 months.
- update 2.5 weeks.
- stabbed the finger to release the pressure.
- smashed a finger.
Anyone with a story of a smashed finger, I'll be happy to post it. Just drop an email or feel free to comment on this post or any of the others.
Here's one from a reader named Gordon:
And in the meantime, feel free to distract yourself with some delightful music from my band, Soul Amp:
Post a Comment