Well I was able to play the gig on May 11th all right. If you listen to the recordings (look for the one's with HOG in the name), you can hear I'm a bit off but not too much more horrible than normal. I think playing on it caused it to re-injure or something. It got infected right after that. Mom and my girlfriend wanted me to go to the doc, but I fought that and now the infection is all gone and it's just starting to feel a bit better... still have some pain with it, but I'm using it to type this. One strange thing is that it got numb, but that's diminishing now too. So here's a pic of it:
Here's all the posts documenting the smashed finger saga (in reverse order):
- finger and fingernail fully recovered!!!...1 year and 4 months later....
- fingernail recovering...5.5 month update....
- fingernail recovering...4 month update....
- fingernail recovering...3rd month update....
- fingernail starting to grow back - about 2.5 months after the smashing.
- fingernail coming off - about 2 months after the smashing.
- update 1.5 months.
- update 2.5 weeks.
- stabbed the finger to release the pressure.
- smashed a finger.
Anyone with a story of a smashed finger, I'll be happy to post it. Just drop an email or feel free to comment on this post or any of the others.
Here's one from a reader named Gordon:
And in the meantime, feel free to distract yourself with some delightful music from my band, Soul Amp: