A number of friends recommended I poke my nail with a hot needle to relieve the pressure and save the nail.... so I tried it.... learned that you can't let the needle cool off... it sizzled on the nail when it worked and I realized you need to remove it quickly after you hear the sizzle...here's the pics of the operation....seemed to work ok...blackness is already diminished... bleeds a long time though... still bleeding as I type this... didn't hurt.
I'm not a doctor (though I have a friend whose father was a doctor)... so unlike me, consult one if you find yourself in the same situation.... =)
Here's all the posts documenting the smashed finger saga (in reverse order):
- finger and fingernail fully recovered!!!...1 year and 4 months later....
- fingernail recovering...5.5 month update....
- fingernail recovering...4 month update....
- fingernail recovering...3rd month update....
- fingernail starting to grow back - about 2.5 months after the smashing.
- fingernail coming off - about 2 months after the smashing.
- update 1.5 months.
- update 2.5 weeks.
- stabbed the finger to release the pressure.
- smashed a finger.
Anyone with a story of a smashed finger, I'll be happy to post it. Just drop an email or feel free to comment on this post or any of the others.
Here's one from a reader named Gordon:
And in the meantime, feel free to distract yourself with some delightful music from my band, Soul Amp:
Post a Comment