Thursday, December 06, 2007

Fallen Falcon - Update on Chinook 34 Milwaukee sailboat...

Beached Milwaukee Sailboat - with mast removed during cold Lake Michigan sunrise - 12-06-2007 - picture by Mike Fisk


Beached Milwaukee Sailboat - with mast removed during cold Lake Michigan sunrise - 12-06-2007 -- soul-amp.com
The mast has been removed. It was removed on either Tues 12/4 or Wed 12/5. Here's the latest sunrises images. It was about 7 degrees Farenheit when these pictures were taken. The sailboat looks even more forlorn without her mast. I'm glad that someone was able to salvage some of her so that those parts will at least live on. I wonder if they will remove more or will they chop of the rest of the Falcon. We'll have to see. If anyone knows and would like to comment, please do. Also, feel free to send any images you'd like me to post... I'm especially interested in any pics of the salvage.

Here's more pics and observations:

http://soul-amp.blogspot.com/2007/12/chinook-34-wrecked-milwaukee-sailboat.html

http://soul-amp.blogspot.com/2007/11/seeing-if-waves-are-currently-moving.html

http://soul-amp.blogspot.com/2007/11/stranded-sailboat-above-bradford-beach.html

http://soul-amp.blogspot.com/2007/11/falcon-stranded-sail-boat-on-shore-of.html

Grounded Falcon on cold Lake Michigan morning - 12-06-2007


Grounded Falcon on cold Lake Michigan morning - 12-06-2007 -- soul-amp.com

Grounded Falcon - 12-06-2007 -- soul-amp.com

Milwaukee Sailboat stranded - after mast removal on bitter cold Lake Michigan morning - 12-06-2007 - picture by Mike Fisk


Beached Milwaukee Sailboat - with mast removed during cold Lake Michigan sunrise - 12-06-2007 -- soul-amp.com

Falcon Chinook 34 - 12-06-2007 -- soul-amp.com

Fallen Falcon - 12-06-2007 - picture by Mike Fisk


Fallen Falcon during misty cold Lake Michigan sunrise - 12-06-2007 -- soul-amp.com

And there are a lot more Soul Amp tunes here:

http://soul-amp.com/freebies

Here's the rest of the posts on the Falcon:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My father and I built The Falcon "Chinook Class #6" in Portland, Oregon between 1955 and 1957, when she was launched. Her first 12 years were spent on the Columbia River at Portland, Oregon. She was then sold and moved to the Puget Sound area, where we eventually lost track of her. I'm sorry to see this grand old vessel, who clearly gave many people much happiness, has finally met her end.

M1 said...

Thank you Bob. It's incredible to meet you. I'm glad you found the pictures. I'll be posting more in the coming weeks. Take care and thank you again.

Anonymous said...

I just came across this today, very sad, especially after all that hard work. I own a Chinook 34, mine is Hull #3, Tamara. I'm in Victoria B.C. Canada. Falcon looks like it was in very good condition,much nicer than mine, too bad it couldn't be saved. I read that Falcon was the first that was sold from Yacht Constructors as the first 5 were built for the owners. Your pictures are very nicely done, you must be a proffesional photographer.

Mike

M1 said...

Thank you for your kind words about my photos. Very cool that you own a Chinook 34 and it's a shame that this one was not salvageable.

I'm not a professional photographer. Just a crazy shutterbug with a 6 year old point and shoot 3.2 meg Canon S 30 Powershot camera (my first only camera that I've ever owned... yep, got started late in life shooting pics, but I love it).

ballydonna said...

Hi I soo glad I read comment from Bob. Thank You for this boat. I'M guy who's wrecked this beauty. Pavel Beranek, last owner. I had big plans with Her, unfortunately My stupidity send her to wreckage. My dreams still alive, but not on this excellent boat. If you interested some pictures you can found on My WWW but is in foreign language. Is under post. http://saltydog.blog.cz/0806/ta-moje-prvni-laska-cast-3 And is there 2 more parts of this . Thank You Pavel

M1 said...

Dear Pavel,

Thank you so much for your comment. I see now you did care for the Falcon. I so wish you the best of health and happiness.

Sincerly,

Mike Fisk

ballydonna said...

Mike , there wasn't help. No money left to save Her. I spend all to bring Her to shape what She was. I feel really sorry and I feel like lost part of My self.

M1 said...

Pavel,

Perhaps there may be a way for you in the future to make amends to yourself and the community. We all make mistakes. It is how we handle them that shows our mettle.

The Falcon's demise touched many of us last year and I feel her loss has touched you the most.

Please keep in touch.