Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hi all...some stuff about the gig...

I meant to have E or someone takes some pics.... oh well, hopefully we'll get pics of the next gig. M2, did you get any pics that we can use?

Just wanted to tell you all that we did get some good recordings from the HOG gig using the Zoom H4 (which I had mounted on a tripod and pointed at the drums to try and get it centered in the stereo field). The third set was recorded too hot and so when Brad cranks up the volume on his guitar it's clipping and distorting quite a bit. I'm messing around with it using Ozone3 to try and clean it up some. The distortion will still be there, but I hope it's not too obnoxious. The second set seems to sound all right, but the I haven't had a chance to listen to the first set (so cross your fingers). I'll post the first batch very soon.....

With the exception of 1 tune (only Shove, I believe) the whole gig was improvised on the fly. Talk about working without net. From what I've heard so far I haven't experienced too many cringe moments. I hope you dig at least some of it.

It's funny how every gig has something that goes a little wrong, but it always seems to come together in the end. This time it was microphones. We have misplaced a number of mics. I grabbed all the mics I could find in the rehearsal space and they were all in cases. Turns out we only had one dynamic mic in the bunch. Brad was able to borrow some but had drive 40 minutes to get them. I also forgot to load the top of the stands for the PA speakers and so we had to just set the speakers on a table and a milk crate. It's pretty amazing how that technical stuff just always seems to work out.

To all who check this site every day, thank you! Sorry I have been a bit neglectful posting new stuff. With my mom visiting, I didn't have as much time to dedicate to it.

Talk to you soon!

No comments: