Here's a new update on the smashed finger. It's been 20 days since the fingernail came off. It's starting to growing back but growing back a bit oddly. It's pointing upward a bit:
The area where the finernail is missing feels very strange when you touch it. There's really very little pain left to speak of. I'm looking forward to when it's all healed up. Here's another pic of it:
You might want to click the pics to zoom in on them.
Here's all the posts documenting the smashed finger saga (in reverse order):
- finger and fingernail fully recovered!!!...1 year and 4 months later....
- fingernail recovering...5.5 month update....
- fingernail recovering...4 month update....
- fingernail recovering...3rd month update....
- fingernail starting to grow back - about 2.5 months after the smashing.
- fingernail coming off - about 2 months after the smashing.
- update 1.5 months.
- update 2.5 weeks.
- stabbed the finger to release the pressure.
- smashed a finger.
Anyone with a story of a smashed finger, I'll be happy to post it. Just drop an email or feel free to comment on this post or any of the others.
Here's one from a reader named Gordon:
And in the meantime, feel free to distract yourself with some delightful music from my band, Soul Amp: