OK, time for an update on the smashed finger. This is 1.5 months after it got smooshed in a car door of a Toyato Highlander and about 1 month 1 week since I did the hot-needle pressure-relieve trick in an attempt to save the nail. I'm pretty sure I'm going to still lose the nail. There's hardly any pain now, but surprisingly it still has some slight swelling... strange.
Anyhow, here's a pic of it:
Click it, if you like. for a close up. The little white spot is where I burned one of the holes with the needle and it has filled in with something like soap (my best guess on that). The hole's very small there, but somehow something got in there.
If you want to compare, here's the update from 2.5 weeks after the smashing --> update 2.5 weeks.
Here's the original post --> Smashed a finger.
And here's the needle stab post --> stab the finger to release the pressure.
Here's all the posts documenting the smashed finger saga (in reverse order):
- finger and fingernail fully recovered!!!...1 year and 4 months later....
- fingernail recovering...5.5 month update....
- fingernail recovering...4 month update....
- fingernail recovering...3rd month update....
- fingernail starting to grow back - about 2.5 months after the smashing.
- fingernail coming off - about 2 months after the smashing.
- update 1.5 months.
- update 2.5 weeks.
- stabbed the finger to release the pressure.
- smashed a finger.
Anyone with a story of a smashed finger, I'll be happy to post it. Just drop an email or feel free to comment on this post or any of the others.
Here's one from a reader named Gordon:
And in the meantime, feel free to distract yourself with some delightful music from my band, Soul Amp: