Finger and fingernail fully recovered after being smashed in May 2007. Photo by Mike Fisk
Well it's been over 1 year since my fingernail was smashed (and probably broken, though I never went to a doc to get it checked out). There are many folks hitting site to take a look at it when it was all smashed and I've been meaning to post what it looks like now. It's fully recovered and you can't even tell anything ever happened to it. In fact is was pretty much fully recovered within 8 months. It just took me a while to get around to posting new pics. Lots of music to post first.
There's some dirt under the fingernail after doing some gardening, but as you can see, it's a beautiful, fully functioning finger again...playing rock-n-roll keys...noisely, nervously, annoyingly tapping on tables and percussionable objects....attached to a hairy hand.
So those with smashed fingers, you have my empathy. Hang in there... time will heal it.
Here's all the posts documenting the smashed finger saga (in reverse order):
- finger and fingernail fully recovered!!!...1 year and 4 months later....
- fingernail recovering...5.5 month update....
- fingernail recovering...4 month update....
- fingernail recovering...3rd month update....
- fingernail starting to grow back - about 2.5 months after the smashing.
- fingernail coming off - about 2 months after the smashing.
- update 1.5 months.
- update 2.5 weeks.
- stabbed the finger to release the pressure.
- smashed a finger.
Anyone with a story of a smashed finger, I'll be happy to post it. Just drop an email or feel free to comment on this post or any of the others.
Here's one from a reader named Gordon:
And in the meantime, feel free to distract yourself with some delightful music from my band, Soul Amp: