Friday, February 10, 2006

2 a.m. Post Gig Post

Well I just settled into bed....the fold out futon. It's 2 a.m. and I'm a bit amped up from the HOG gig and I wanted to jot down my thoughts with the buzz I have going.

Soul Amp - loves you...I love you. No shit. tonight I got to watch faces as the lights were not blasting in my face. I was able to make eye contact with lots of people tonight and I saw faces. I saw the faces of my generation...and they were smiling, laughing and talking with people I know....

I felt this love and I had to tell them. Right there on stage I said "I love you". I know it doesn't sound like much as we have heard all the big names say "I love you..." but now in some strange way I think that maybe they really do.

We are such an age classified society. The young challenge all that is old and the old negate anything young so as to not encourage them. That is just wrong...fortunately sometimes you get both young and old sharing a moment, together. Strangers. That happened at the HOG. For a time the early older corwd combined with the younger late crowd and we were there on stage, a bit akward but it happend. The twentiy somethings mingled and mixed with the 40 somethings...

It was good. that is when I said I love you.

It was true. Okay....I maybe I'm little tired and bit drunk...maybe not but I can't really tell...

1 comment:

Bradly O. said...

Alas...werk for $....

"Bend over grease up" as an old friend used to say BOGU on of his terms from his stint in the Air Force.

We'll be back to the HOG in april. We're taking March to have some quality time in the studio...

Brad