Thursday, May 12, 2005

How Soul Amp got started...(M1 speaks)

The following email is the exact moment when Soul Amp got started. I just happened to be scanning through some old emails and found this one from last year. It's pretty cool that this message captures the moment in time when the seed was planted. It has grown into an entity that is a major part of our four lives.

Brad and I have been friends for many years and just last year got together to work on music. Over the years we've talked about what we liked in music and I was always interested in what he was doing and had done musically. And I shared some of my music with him. I also thought that he could create an extremely important work that the world could enjoy and I encouraged him to do that. What I didn't know is that I'd be a part of it.

I don't want to get stupid and gushy (any more than I just did)...especially on our own silly blog.... but....

Thank you Brad for getting this started!

Anyhow, here's the email:

03/12/2004 08:38 AM

To: mfisk@xxxxx.com
cc:
Subject: Dude.


Can you make a keyboard sound like a Hammond b3?

And also what's up?

I got a new guitar. Fender Strat....very cool.

Sailing is coming up. I'll be sending a notice to folks past and potential future. Looks like we might stick to Thursday. Fun to hit TNC after sailing....or tuesday....liked tuesdays too....

Brad

1 comment:

Brad O. said...

That is too cool....

Thanks for finding that M1...

we sure as hell "went on..."